A great alternative to nursing home placement
We are now able to offer you two Medicaid Waiver Programs that are geared towards keeping participants out of nursing homes and safely cared for at home.
These programs have excellent results since the participant is empowered to stay in his or her community while benefitting from increased independence, self-reliance, and meaningful productive activities.
The Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Waiver Program is a Medicaid option available to New York residents with disabilities and seniors who are nursing home eligible* but choose to live at home.
The Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver Program is another Medicaid option that provides services for New Yorkers ages 18-64 who have suffered a traumatic brain injury or stroke and require a nursing home level of care*.
Offered services include:
- Service Coordination
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Home & Community Services
- Structured Day Program
- Positive Behavioral Interventions
- Environmental Modifications
- Community Integration Counseling
If you think you qualify for one of these waivers, please reach out to us at 718-998-2100 and we’ll help you through the process.
It is typically defined as requiring assistance with at least 2 Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). The 6 standard ADLs are:
- Grooming/Personal hygiene
- Eating (not including cooking)
- Transferring (functional mobility – walking, getting in and out of bed or a chair, etc.)
New York Home Care . . . from the Heart!