What type of services does a Home Care agency provide?
Home Care agencies provide personal care services by certified home health aides to individuals in their own homes. New Century Home Care, a Licensed Home Health Care Agency (LHCSA), makes these services available to meet the specific needs of each patient allowing them to remain living at home safely, and comfortably surrounded by everything that is meaningful to them.

Who coordinates the services?
A Registered Nurse in consultation with the patient’s doctor arranges all the services and keeps the doctor informed of progress. At New Century every patient’s plan of care is developed by the RN and customized to ensure that all the patient’s needs are met.

What type of insurance pays for Home Care?
In general Medicaid, Medicare, long term care insurances and most private insurances cover some or all the costs of homecare. At New Century we help the individual determine which of the services are covered by their insurance.

What’s the difference between Long Term and Short Term Care?
Short Term Care is provided by Certified Home Care Agencies (CHHAs) to patients for a short period of time usually following an acute episode such as a hospital stay. These services are usually covered by Medicare and Medicaid.

Long Term Care programs such as MLTCs provide Home Care services to Medicaid patients who require long term assistance with their activities of daily living, and choose to remain living in their own home with assistance from a home health aide, in addition to other benefits.

A LHCSA provides Home Health Aide services for patients as a contracted vendor for both the CHHA and the MLTC.

If I switch from Short Term (CHAA) to Long Term (MLTC) Care, can I keep the aide who knows me, and whom I am used to?
When you stay with New Century Home Care as your LHCSA we continue to assign the same aide to you since we are a vendor for both of these types of care providers.

How do I start home care services with New Century Home Care?
Call us at (718) 998 2100 or email info@newcenturyhc.com. Our intake specialists will answer any questions you have about eligibility and the range of services available. Ask about our free assessments!

What languages do your caregivers speak?
English, Spanish, Creole, Korean and Chinese.


What is CDPAP?
New York’s Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) allows Medicaid consumers who have been approved for long-term home care to direct their own care.

Who is eligible for CDPAP?
Individuals who have Medicaid and require assistance with activities of daily living, skilled care, and have a stable medical condition are eligible.

What if I don’t have Medicaid?
New Century will help you apply for Medicaid – guiding you through the eligibility process.

Does a personal assistant need to be licensed or certified?
A personal assistant must be legally allowed to work, and no formal training is required.

Who can serve as a personal assistant?
Most people, including adult children, can serve as personal assistants and get paid to provide care under CDPAP. Spouses and Designated Representatives cannot serve as personal assistants.

What are the services that personal assistants can provide under CDPAP?
A personal assistant can undertake a wide array of responsibilities including personal care, and any tasks necessary to maintain the patient safely
at home.

Where is CDPAP offered?
CDPAP through New Century is available throughout NYC in the five Boroughs, as well as many parts of New York State including Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Ulster & Westchester Counties.