The health and safety of our patients and employees is New Century Home Care’s top priority. The services we provide are very important even as we progress through the pandemic. We are continuously monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its ramifications, and we want to assure everyone that our Emergency Preparedness Plan is in full operation and that we are following all the guidelines of the DOH and CDC.
Health officials are urging people to take preventative actions to avoid illness including, but not limited to:
- Washing hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Covering one’s mouth and nose with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Encouraging employees who are ill to not report to work, and reach out to their personal physician for guidance
All our aides are going to be called daily and asked the 3 three questions below regarding the patients:
1. Ask/observe patient’s condition regarding upper respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath)
2. Ask the patient, “Have you traveled to a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 travel designation within the last 14 days?”
3. Ask the patient, “Have you had contact with any Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone with known COVID-19?
We also will be screening staff for respiratory and fever symptoms prior to their daily visits or contacts that might have put them at risk.
Staff showing symptoms of illness will not be permitted to remain at work or visit patients and must not return to work until completely recovered.
Click here to download
Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention concerning Coronavirus Disease!